My Panasonic cordless phone/answering machine (KX-A142 ALM) has been pretty good, though the interface is shocking. Who on earth decided “INT” then “#” should be the sequence to listen to messages?
Anyway, a couple of things were causing me problems.
1. When the clock resets itself, it’s not at all obvious how to set it again.
Eventually I found the manual and did it, but for the record:
- Press the menu button (the box with horizontal lines in it)
- Press the Down button until you get to “SETTING BS” (I guess it stands for base station)
- Press right
- It’ll say “INPUT CODE”. Rather than input the code… press * to set the time (hh mm), or ** to set the date (dd mm yy)
- When done, press the menu button again to confirm
2. A couple of days ago it stopped being able to make outgoing calls. It could get a dial tone, but wouldn’t dial.
I fixed this with a reboot, which involves holding the red power button on the handset down for 1+ seconds so it switches off, then again to switch it back on. Voila.