Jensen Harris remarks that many people still double-click on the top-left of a window to close it.
How do you most often close a window in Windows?
- a. Double-click top-left
- b. Click on the Close X, top-right
- c. Use the menu via keyboard or mouse: File / Exit or Close
- d. Alt-F4 (and Ctrl-F4 closes individual document windows — w00t!)
- e. Alt-Space, then choose Close on the menu
- f. Right-click on the taskbar, then Close
- g. (Going to the extremes now) Open Task Manager, go to the Applications list and End Task
- h. (Even more extreme) Task Manager / Processes / End process
- i. I never shut any. I just fill the screen up with windows until it runs so slowly I have to reboot
Or some other way I haven’t thought of? Or some other way on another operating system?